Today is Thanksgiving here in the United States. I thought for today’s throwback Thursday I would show some of the different places I am grateful to have visited in the last few years.
1) The Chacchoben ruins in Mexico are some one of the most incredible finds in the last few years. We went back in 2017. Seeing these ruins is special for me for a few reasons. The first is I have never seen anything like this before, and second it marks the first time I have ever left the country.
2) @doubledscoffee in Asheville, N.C. is one of my favorite places to stop for coffee, and my kids love the smoothies there too!
3) South Mountain State Park was one of my favorite finds this year. Great hiking with beautiful falls worth seeing.
4) Starfish Island was a wonderful place filled with amazing wildlife and incredible views.
5) Fripp Island back at Christmas of 2020 was a great experience. It was our only vacation that year, and I saw one of the most beautiful sunrises ever.
6) Catawba Falls last year was a great hike with amazing falls at the end. While I enjoyed it, I did not realize how long the hike was, and some members of my family bring that up to this day.
7) Taking my kids to Toccoa Falls College last year gave my wife and I the opportunity to show them where our lives together had begun. How many of you graduated from a college with a waterfall on campus?
8) Last Christmas we visited Gatlinburg, TN. We had so much fun with family and were able to do things that we had not been able to do since the pandemic had started.
9) The Great Smoky Mountain National Park is a beautiful park, and I took a moment to hike down to the Pigeon River. Little did I know at the time, there were three bears nearby.
Those are just some of the places I have been blessed to see in my life. I am grateful for my family, friends, my fifth graders, and those of you who follow me on Instagram. If you are celebrating today, I hope you have a relaxing day filled with memories and fun.
What are you thankful for today?
3 replies to “Throwback to Thankfulness”
LikeLiked by 1 person
LikeLiked by 2 people
I’m grateful for holidays at the seaside when I was a child, and for travelling there on one of those comfortable Bristol Lodekka buses. They were generally used for bus services between towns and cities here in Scotland and to my knowledge they were never operated by London Transport. So the bus in Asheville probably never went to Trafalgar Square although many of such vehicles *were* painted red 🙂
LikeLiked by 1 person